Tuesday 22 September 2009

Thoughts on Singapore

We've done it! We have finally started off on our great adventure... moving to Australia. We arrived in Singapore sometime after 2pm local time. I'm feeling quite worn out, so am glad for a couple of days to recover before we carry on to Melbourne. As far as long haul flights go, the flight was not bad. Food was great on Singapore airlines ... only problem I had was a bit of a nose bleed, possibly a result of the air being so dry.

First impressions of Singapore...
An efficient and clean city. Everything seems to run like clockwork. I love the trains being up in the sky and am enjoying the warm humidity. The food has been pretty good so far. There are some strange dishes available on the street. I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to try 'chilli frog', 'chilli pig liver' or 'Thai chicken feet'.

Tomorrow we're going to take it easy and wander around the city. I'm looking forward to just chilling.

No comments: