Thursday 24 September 2009

Sleepless in Singapore

It's 7:25am and I'm listening to James snoring as I write this. I've been awake since 2am this morning. I never realised how much of an effect the time difference would have on me. My body clock seems a bit messed up.
It probably didn't help that I slept most of yesterday morning after only getting a couple of hours sleep the night before. That probably rates as my worst night ever in terms of lack of sleep. The garbage truck came around at 2:30am, someones TV was on quite loud and to top it off there was a truck parked on the street with its diesel engine idling from 2am until at least 4am after which I finally managed to fall asleep. James said he kept dreaming he was on a bus that he couldn't get off. Every time he would ring the bell, the driver just revved the engine and drove on. I on the other hand was imagining throwing rocks through the truck window and letting down the guy's tyres. I know I get grumpy when I haven't had enough sleep, but this was ridiculous. We must have been a real sight at breakfast... don't think I've seen James that grumpy before.

Lol... and the bell at the Hindu temple up the road has just started ringing... James will be pleased.

No comments: