Friday 1 June 2007

Carrying on...

It’s been quite a while since I last wrote on my blog. I haven’t felt motivated to do much of anything the last month or so. It’s been an emotional roller-coaster, but things are starting to reach some semblance of ‘normality’. We’re finally at a place where James & I can start enjoying our life together, looking forward and planning for the future.


I’m so thankful to have James in my life. Things have been a bit of a nightmare since we got back from honeymoon, but he has been such a support to me - a veritable pillar of strength. When my Mom passed away, just over a month ago, it felt as though the world stopped. Everybody else carries on with ‘life’, but for the family, time stands still.


It’s strange how we seem to think that things like this happen to other people and other families and never to us or ours. There are all the unanswered 'why?'s and emotional upheaval ... and then, eventually, we pick up the pieces and carry on ... left with the memories. Good or bad, we decide.

No comments: